Gard Nilssen has performed at the Oslo Jazzfestival in a number of different constellations, ranging from his own Acoustic Unity to the 30th anniversary supergroup The Oslo Jazz Festival Orchestra. In 2020, Gard Nilssen played a secret pop-up concert at Herr Nilssen during the Oslo Jazzfestival, with the Ornette Coleman-loving duo Ramblin'. It was an intimate session for a very limited audience, due to strict covid-restrictions.
When Gard Nilssen returns to the festival in august with his Supersonic Orchestra, there’ll be far more people both on stage and in the audience. This monster of a jazz band saw the light of day when Nilssen was Artist in Residence at Moldejazz in 2019, and fortunately for us and Oslo’s jazz-loving audience, this very vital band lives on.
The band released their debut album "If you listen carefully the music is yours" in 2020 to rave reviews. We’re sure that the inclusive spirit of the album title will be felt among the audience at this concert.
- Håkon Mjåset Johansen- drums (NO)
- Hans Hulbækmo- drums (NO)
- Gard Nilssen-drums (NO)
- Petter Eldh- doublebass (SE)
- Ole Morten Vågan- doublebass (NO)
- Ingebrigt Håker Flaten- doublebass (NO)
- Eirik Hegdal-saxophones (NO)
- Per ”Texas” Johansson- saxophones (SE)
- Kjetil Møster- saxophones (NO)
- Hanna Paulsberg- saxophone (NO)
- Mette Rasmussen- saxophone (DK)
- Maciej Obara- saxophone (PL)
- André Roligheten-saxophones (NO)
- Thomas Johansson-trumpet (NO)
- Goran Kajfes-trumpet (SE)
- Erik Johannessen- trombone (NO)
- Tor Breivik- sound