Volunteer at Oslo Jazz Festival?
Oslo Jazz Festival (OJF) is 100% dependent on the efforts of our volunteers, with over 250 participating every year. Although many continue to volunteer year after year, we are always in need of new volunteers who are willing to commit parts of their spare time in order to give the audience of Oslo the greatest jazz experiences of the year.
Read about the different working groups:
What does OJF offer?
– Several wonderful music events and happenings (70-100 concerts during the week of the festival).
– A possibility to get to know other volunteers that shares your passions for music and participation in the local environment. OJF host social gatherings before and after the festival (i.e. Kick-off and closing party). We will also meet at Festivalkontoret (the festival’s office) at Sentralen and at concerts during the festival.
– Festival T- shirt
– Food and drinks when on duty.
– Discounts on selected restaurants and venues during the festival.
– Training and guidance from group leaders that knows what needs to be done. We are arranging department and group meetings in the weekend leading up to the festival.
What do we expect from you?
– That you keep yourself updated on issued information, sent out on email and phone, and respond to these.
– That you let us know in due time if you need to change your work shifts, or if you cannot attend one of your shifts.
– That you are service minded and address questions from the audience, or guide to others that might be able to give answers. It is clever to the read the festival program, due to the number of questions we get on this topic.
– That you are sober, wear your volunteer T-shirt and wear your staff card visible around your neck.
Shifts and Festival pass
When allocating shifts it will be an advantage if you are available at least four days of the festival (12th – 19th of August 2017). In order to get the festivalpass, you need to work 15 hours minimum, equivalent to two long shifts or three to four shorter shifts. If you collect your festivalpass without finishing scheduled shifts or tasks this is regarded as buying a festivalpass and you will be billed 1500,- NOK. Entrance to concerts with the festivalpass depends on the availability of space and seats, as paying audiences are naturally prioritized. If there are concerts you cannot miss, we advise you to buy tickets for these.
Time to spare?
Contact us, and we will usually find free shifts and possibilities to spread the merry message via social media or by handing out programs. We also offer meaningful leading positions for you who seeks responsibility and added experience.